- High initial adhesion to chrome and paint ensures reliable applications of narrow letters
- Unique handling properties enable minimal edge-welding
- Ease in die-cutting works with intricate lettering
- Excellent twist resistance better supports the trend toward narrow stroke width letters
- Adhesive adheres well to scratch- and mar-resistant paint systems
- Black color is inconspicuous after installation
3M™ Die-Cuttable Tape DC2015PET securely attaches nameplates, badges and emblems to the exterior of vehicles. Our tape is a 1.5 mm thick, black foam tape with a clear, low-stretch, polyester liner that has been silicone treated on both sides for easy one-piece release and efficient tape application.
From Our 3M™ Die-Cuttable Tape DC2000 Series
- Uniform thickness throughout the join
- Confinement of the adhesive to the immediate bonding area
- Clean bonding without dripping or overflow
- Minimum adhesive waste
- Ability to die-cut into complex shapes to bond complex shapes or parts with narrow bonding surfaces
3M™ Die-Cuttable Tape DC2015PET is part of our series of tapes that represent the latest in exterior attachment tape technology. Advantages for automotive manufacturers are the potential for fewer warranty claims related to nameplates, badges and emblems falling off, reduced in-plant rework and overall brand image among car buyers. Our tape features an improved adhesive formula designed for new automotive paint systems, such as powder coats and nanoparticle-based clear coats.
Learn more about the 3M™ Die-Cuttable Tape DC2000 Series
(PDF, 195.9 Kb)