Leaders at 3M value authenticity in the workplace and believe that when you try to be the “perfect candidate,” you lose what makes you unique. We want you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work.
Here are a few tips from Talent Acquisition at 3M to ensure you are bringing your authentic self to your interview:
- Take a deep breath and remember that you are interviewing the interviewer as much as they are interviewing you.
- Stop stressing about what the interviewer will think of you. Be yourself and make sure to talk about how your talents and strengths authentically contribute to the company.
- Say what you truly feel and show how your experience and skill set are a great fit for the role you are interviewing for.
- Remember to stay positive, smile and be sincere.
- Take pride in you. Show your passion and be confident in who you are.
With these tips, your interviewer will get a better idea of who you are and be able to fairly judge whether you are right for the role.