- High edge durability and flexibility
- Designed for blending and deburring on ferrous metals, stainless steel, and high nickel/chrome alloys
- Aluminum Oxide on FE material provides high initial and extended cut rate
- Most efficient on ferrous materials when high contact pressure and stock removal are required
- Open web responds to surface irregularities and minimizes gouging of the part
- Non-woven construction provides for long life, flexibility, heat-resistance and consistent cut rate
- Suitable for low-stretch applications
Our Standard Abrasives™ Surface Conditioning FE Belt saves time preparing workpieces for final finishes and coatings by performing one-step prep work. A reliable choice for edgework, some of its best uses include deburring and blending. FE material is an outstanding performer for flats and edgework when high contact pressure and stock removal are required.
The best surface conditioning material to use when high contact pressure and stock removal are required
FE Construction for Edge Work, High Contact Pressure and Stock Removal
Featuring a more compact structure of non-woven fibers than Buff & Blend products, our Standard Abrasives™ Surface Conditioning FE Belt is engineered to provide high initial and extended rates of cut, while maintaining edge durability. Constructed of resin-reinforced, non-woven fiber, this belt is aggressive yet minimizes under-cutting or gouging of the workpiece. Within the Standard Abrasives™ line of surface conditioning belts, the FE belt performs the best on edges.
FE belts are made of a tough but flexible nylon mesh that fits any contoured surface. We designed FE material with a woven fabric (scrim) embedded in the nylon structure to provide additional strength and durability. This helps extend the life of the belt and allows for extended use on ferrous materials or steel. This is the best surface conditioning material to use when high contact pressure and stock removal are required, and when loading is not a concern.
The Outstanding Performance of Surface Conditioning Material
Surface conditioning products have a non-woven construction in which fiber strands, resin, and abrasive mineral form a thick, open web or mesh. The spring-like nature of the fibers responds to contours and effectively removes unwanted burrs, soils and contaminants while maintaining the geometry of the workpiece, which in turn reduces rework and boosts productivity. Gaps in the web allow heat and swarf to escape, prolonging the performance of the abrasive. Fibers in the web continually break down with use to reveal fresh mineral for exceptional consistency, superior cut performance and extremely long service life.
Aluminum Oxide for Ferrous Metals and Composites
The fibers that make up this belt are overlaid with aluminum oxide abrasive. Aluminum oxide belts are a good match for operators who desire an all-purpose versatility and economy. The mineral cuts fast while blending and deburring and is a good choice for applications on ferrous metals and composites. FE belts feature a premium grain with higher fracture strength, meaning the mineral will fragment and renew more readily. They are available in grades of Very Fine (VFN), Medium (MED) and Coarse (CRS).
Quality Standard Abrasives™ Solutions for Industrial Applications
- Deburring: removing large and micro burrs, edge radiusing, removing die cast flashings
- Blending: removing mill marks, tool marks and mismatches; reducing uneven edges between adjoining surfaces; reorienting surface scratch patterns; creating a smooth transition from one surface profile to another
The Standard Abrasives brand
(PDF, 2.9 Mb) has supplied quality abrasives to the metalworking industry for over 50 years. Customers rely on our broad offering of high performance products including coated, bonded, and non-woven abrasive lines.