- Air release feature helps eliminate air bubbles under plates
- Plate side adhesive technology is designed to resist edge lifting on flexographic print plates
- Medium density foam is ideal for combinations of solids and process with halftone dots
- Purple foam color indicates medium density foam
- Securely bonds flexographic photopolymer plates to print sleeves or steel cylinders to prevent plate edge lifting
- Higher plate side adhesion meets challenging print conditions using thick plates or small print sleeves
- Cross-hatch pattern in release liner creates grooves in adhesive to help release air
- Plate demounts from the tape without adhesive residue
- Tape removes cleanly from sleeves or steel print cylinders
- For flexographic printing, flexographic printers
- Cushioned flexographic plate mounting sticky back foam tape
Our 3M™ Cushion-Mount™ Plus Plate Mounting Tape E1515H with easy mount adhesive is designed for mounting flexographic print plates to cylinders or sleeves. This 0.015 inch (0.38 mm) purple foam mounting tape provides high quality medium combination print.
Differential acrylate adhesive system on each side of a foam carrier, protected by a release liner on one side
- Mounting photopolymer plates to flexographic printing cylinders and sleeves
- Used in combination, process and solid printing processes
- 3M sticky back tapes are designed for narrow web presses to print tag and labels
3M flexographic plate mounting tapes are highly engineered to provide very tight caliper tolerance to allow printers to use tape from different manufacturing lots and keep tight print registration. The compressible foam will withstand long and high speed print runs.
Wide choice of adhesives, foams and thickness
This cushion tape is manufactured for 15 mil applications. It is constructed with engineered acrylic adhesives. The adhesive on the linered (plate) side of the tape is designed for mounting of photopolymer plates. The adhesive on the non-linered (sleeve/cylinder) side is designed for mounting to flexographic printing cylinders or sleeves, providing easy application at mounting and clean removal when demounting.
On Easy with Reduced Air Entrapment
3M air release liners have a crosshatched pattern, unlike other mounting tapes that use a pebbled or flat release liner. The embossed crosshatched pattern imprints unique micro-channels into the easy mount adhesive that allows entrapped air to escape. Air bubbles disappear from between the tape and plate, and between the tape and sleeve or cylinder for virtually bubble-free mounting. Setup is faster with smoother surfaces for cleaner print quality and higher productivity. The adhesive maintains tight contact with reduced edge lifting.
Keep the Presses Running and your Customers Coming Back
For decades, 3M products have been at work in printing plants helping to improve the quality of the work that goes out and the efficiency of how it gets done.