Window films (also called window tint) are a type of window treatment that offer a wide range of benefits including: improved comfort, energy savings, increased privacy, fade protection and reduced glare. They can be used with or without window treatments. Window films are typically applied on the windows and glass surfaces in homes, buildings and cars by trained professionals.
Window films can range in color from dark to clear to multicolored and come in various patterns and colors. Window films basically consist of three parts: laminated polyester layers, coatings with adhesive, and a protective hardcoat.
3M™ Sun Control Window Films are designed to help reduce the amount of solar heat transmitted through window glass by increasing the solar reflectivity and absorption through the glass.
3M™ Safety and Security Window Films are designed to make glass shatter-resistant by holding the glass pieces together when broken. These films are made with thicker polyester and a much thicker, more aggressive adhesive system.
Visible light Transmitted (VLT): The percentage of visible light that passes directly through filmed glass: the higher the number, the lighter the film.
Total Solar Energy Rejected (TSER): The percentage of total solar energy rejected by filmed glass. The higher this value, the less solar heat energy is transmitted by the filmed glass.
Visible light Reflection: The percentage of visible light reflected back from the glass.
UV Rejection: The percentage of ultraviolet light that is rejected by filmed glass. Ultraviolet light contributes to sunburn and other harmful skin conditions from the sun and to the fading and deterioration of fabrics and leather. The higher the number, the more UV rays are blocked.
Glare Reduction: The percentage by which visible light is reduced by the addition of film.
Do you provide products and services to:
1. Start a conversation with them about how 3M™ Window Films can help.
2. When clients/customers agree to learn more about 3M™ Window Films, inform them that they will be contacted by an authorized and certified 3M Window Film Dealer.
3. Submit your client/customer’s contact information to your local authorized 3M Window Film Dealer.
4. Your local authorized 3MWindow Film Dealer will follow up with your client/customer within 48 to 72 hours to schedule a free, onsite consultation.
5. Once your client/customer receives a quote and agrees to move ahead with the window film installation, your local authorized 3M Window Film Dealer will schedule and install the window film.
6. Upon completion of the installation and collection of payment, your local authorized 3M Window Film Dealer will submit payment to you, the referral agent, for up to 10% of the sale. It’s that easy!
1. Join Referral Agent Program to refer homeowners who do not want to replace glass but only want to enhance performance of their existing windows.
2. Whether the homeowner is in your shop or you are consulting with them in their home, if they are looking for alternative options to improve their windows without replacing them, refer the homeowner to an authorized 3M Window Film dealer.
3. Authorized 3M Window Film Dealer contacts homeowner to provide a free estimate and arrange to install window film.
4. Once window film is installed and payment collected, authorized 3M Window Film Dealer will send you a check for up to 10% of the gross.