- Putty fills minor surface imperfections
- Easy working properties include good spreadability
- Leaves smooth edges with quality feathering
- Low shrinkage offers better final results
- Available in fast, medium and slow drying formulas
3M™ Acryl Putty restores smooth surfaces by filling small pinholes, scratches, stone chips and other minor blemishes in automotive and marine finishes. Our acrylic putty offers easy sanding, smooth spreading and low shrinkage.
3M™ Acryl-Green Putty is a fast drying formula with a 1.5 minute work time and 15 minute sanding time
Choose the Putty that's Right for You
3M™ Acryl Putty comes in multiple formulas offering different rates of drying, working time and sanding time. Use these numbers as estimates only. Actual drying, work and sanding times will vary depending on environmental conditions.
- 3M™ Acryl-White Putty is a slow drying formula with a 2.5 minute work time and 25 minute sanding time
- 3M™ Acryl-Red Putty is a medium drying formula with 2 minute work time and 20 minute sanding time
- 3M™ Acryl-Green Putty is a fast drying formula with a 1.5 minute work time and 15 minute sanding time
Available in green, white and red, 3M™ Acryl Putty restores smooth, flawless surfaces
Directions for Use:
- Do not apply when ambient temperatures are below 55°F or above 110°F. Use in a well ventilated area away from sparks or open flame. (Do not apply material below the water line unless top coating.)
- For best results apply only over clean primed surfaces. (Use compressed air to remove any dust contamination).
- Apply using a plastic or metal spreader pressing the putty firmly into the imperfections; keep the application thickness to 1/16" or less. Apply in thin coats instead of one thick application.
- Allow to dry prior to sanding. Sand (wet or dry) using 3M™ abrasives in the following sequence: P180, P220, P320. Note: As with any putty, longer drying times will occur with high humidity, thick applications and low temperatures.
- Re-clean surface prior to priming or top coating. (Follow paint manufacturer's recommendation for priming and top coating).