3M™ Clear Polyester Durable Label Material FM1542 is a durable, high performance material that offers excellent thermal stability and moisture resistance. This label product utilizes 3M™ Adhesive R3500, which is designed for use on smooth surfaces such as glass, metal and plastic (including polystyrene) and offers excellent UV resistance, good initial tack, and long term adhesion with clean removability and is an excellent alternative to static cling.
Note: As a removable adhesive, performance may vary depending upon the substrate to which it is applied. Therefore, extensive testing should be conducted prior to use and textured surfaces should be avoided. Not appropriate for children’s toy or sticker applications.
Removable Label Materials for a Very Broad Range of Applications
Designed to meet a vast array of needs in labeling, printing and processing, our 3M™ Removable Label Materials deliver varied ranges of strength, stability, adhesion and removability. These materials are available in facestocks including paper, vinyl, polyester, polypropylene (PP) and polystyrene for reliable performance during laminating or die-cutting. They feature our specially formulated acrylic adhesives, which include 3M™ Removable Adhesive 500 for stable, clean removal even during long-term outdoor applications. 3M™ Removable Adhesive R3500 is for use on smooth surfaces such as glass and plastics. Available coated in gloss or matte, uncoated, clear or in opaque white for a wide range of printing options including screen, flexographic, thermal transfer and digital printing. Liners provide added versatility during processing such as die cutting, laminating and kiss cutting. All materials are designed for reliable adhesion and clean removal with no residue.
- Bar code tracking
- Track and trace
- Thermal transfer labels for variable information printing
- Brand and instruction labels
- Temporary point of purchase labelling
- Pre-mask applications
- Durable removable/outdoor decals
- Surface protection and masking
- Over laminate
- Digital window graphics
About 3M Removable Label Adhesives
3M™ Removable Label Materials feature a range of our specially-formulated adhesives for just the right balance of adhesion and removability. Adhesives include:
- 3M™ High Stability Acrylic Adhesive 500 is our highest adhesion adhesive available on vinyl and polyester label stocks. Removes cleanly from most surfaces up to one year after application, ideal for outdoor applications.
- 3M™ Removable Adhesive R3500 for use on smooth surfaces such as glass, metal, and plastic (including polystyrene). It provides good initial tack and long-term adhesion and removes without residue.
- 3M™ Ultra Removable Adhesive R3800 is a lower tack version of R3500, and is sold as a static cling alternative
- 3M™ Repositionable Acrylic Adhesive 1000 is our lowest adhesion adhesive that delivers good holding power and clean removability on many surfaces. This adhesive can be laminated to various substrates to make them repositionable.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
3M is the Premier Durable Label solution provider globally in the Industry today. 3M materials and services will enable you and your customers to present the best images, products, and quality as we solve marketplace solutions from design to production. We do this by partnering with industry leaders to deliver the best possible technology for innovative solutions regardless of your print method, substrates, and ink systems.
Talk with a 3M expert about your exact needs, including CSA compliance, and how our performance label materials can be combined and converted into the precise size and shape you need.