- Reliable expansion ratio of up to 230% (>3x the thickness of the uncured film).
- Wide in-service temperature range.
- FST tested according to FAR/JAR/CS 25.853(a) App F, part I(a)(1)(ii) and ABD0031.
- Easy to handle, cut, and reposition during lay up process.
- Cocurable with structural adhesive films and prepregs in 120 °C (248 °F) to 180°C (356 °F) cure cycles.
- Long shop life (up to 30 days storage at room temperature outside of the protective bag).
- Suitable for storage at room temperature for 6 months from date of manufacturing, when stored in the sealed protective bag.
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Core Splice Adhesive Film AF 3074 FST is a thermally expanding epoxy adhesive film designed for honeycomb core splicing, reinforcement and edge filling processes typically used in aircraft part fabrication.