- Features repositionable Adhesive 1070 on the face side
- Ideal for temporary mounting of lightweight materials
- Medium-tack Adhesive 400 holds well to many surfaces
- Performs in temperatures as low as -60°F/-51°C and as high as 125°F/52°C
- Complete plastic construction provides a hot wire cuttable feature for plastic packaging
- Features a 3 mil white polyethylene release liner
3M™ Removable Repositionable Tape 666 features a permanent medium-tack adhesive and a repositionable medium tack adhesive on a clear unplasticized polyvinyl chloride (UPVC) film carrier. It is commonly used in applications where one or both parts need to be repositioned or removed easily. A low density polyethylene (LDPE) liner adds stability for processing including hot wire cutting.
Ideal for temporary mounting of lightweight materials
Versatility for On-Off and Open-Close Applications
Unlike many differential removable/repositionable tapes, 3M™ Removable Repositionable Tape 666 features a permanent medium tack 3M™ Acrylic Adhesive 400 on the liner side and 3M™ Repositionable Acrylic Adhesive 1070 on the face side. Adhesive 400 has good temperature performance and peel strength and is ideal for bonding together a wide variety of similar and dissimilar materials such as metals, glass, wood, papers, paints and many plastics. Adhesive 1070 holds well to many surfaces and provides clean removal without adhesive residue or delamination.
The UPVC film carrier improves the handling and strength of the tape and provides dimensional stability. Together with a low density polyethylene liner, this all-plastic tape construction is excellent for die cutting and laminating, as well as the ability to handle hot wire cutting.
- Reclosable bags or envelopes
- Core starting and end tabbing of papers, foils and films
- Removable stickers and labels
- Point of purchase displays
- Mounting promotional items
- Removable/changeable advertisements
- Temporary hold for protective packaging material, such as foam or cardboard, used during shipment of manufactured goods
- Temporary repositioning of foam gaskets
- Two Adhesives for Precise Applications
3M™ Acrylic Adhesive 400 is a medium-firm pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive system. It features an excellent balance of good initial adhesion (quick stick) and good shear holding power. This formulation gives 3M™ Adhesive 400 a consistently strong bond, high temperature performance (up to 250°F/121°C) and good peel strength on many surfaces.
Features a 3 mil white polyethylene release liner
3M™ Repositionable Acrylic Adhesive 1070 is a medium tack adhesive used on the face side to provide a secure, temporary seal. The adhesive allows you to remove and reposition or replace the joined surfaces as needed and features clean removal from many oils, films and other surfaces without leaving adhesive residue.
What is Double Coated Tape?
In general, double coated tape is composed of a paper, film, or tissue carrier that is coated on both sides with pressure sensitive adhesive. The adhesive is protected by a peel-away liner that can be removed at the time of application or left in place until the joining surfaces are ready to be attached. These tapes can be applied by hand or with a dispenser. Double coated tape dispensers are available in a variety of configurations ranging from manual to fully automatic. Applications for double coated tape are found in construction, fabrication, arts, and hobby.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.