- Features 3M's tough and best in class Cubitron™ II mineral
- Grains of ceramic/aluminum oxide blend are precisely-shaped, uniformly-sized and vertically oriented
- Slices through hard metal for fast cut
- Cubitron™ II abrasives run cooler, reducing risk of metal discoloration/oxidation and heat related stress cracks
- A grinding aid further enhances cooler running on high-strength steel
- Exceptionally long-lasting belt performs consistently and reliably throughout its life
- Used with the 3M™ File Belt Sander, easily grinds out rivets and spot welds
Our 3M™ Cubitron™ II File Belts 786F is a 3M best-in-class abrasive belt, designed for use with the 3M™ File Belt Sander, for tasks like grinding out rivets and removing spot welds. 3M Precision Shaped Grain is resin-bonded on a heavy duty backing for a more consistent finish, cooler operation and two times more belt life. The resin bond and a grinding aid keep this belt cutting cool and sharp.
Our 3M file belt system features high performance abrasives for tough detail work such as cleaning, deburring, blending and finishing
An Alternative to Spot Weld Drilling
The 3M™ File Belt Sander
and 3M™ Cubitron™ II File Belts 786F are a great addition to body shop tool rooms. They are a vastly superior alternative to spot weld drilling.
In addition a traditional spot weld drill goes back on the shelf. versatile file belt tool can also be used for other jobs —
Learn More about our 3M File Belt System
- Clean and prep brake caliper pockets: Removing rust, brake dust and other contaminants with wire brushes, files and other tools can be tedious and time-consuming. The 3M file belt system speeds up tough cleaning jobs like this, while giving you more control to prevent gouging.
- Clean wheel rims: Removing corrosion prior to mounting the tire is critical, in order to avoid bead leaks. The 3M file belt system makes this job quick and easy, and it is also ideal for prepping surfaces prior to attaching stick-on wheel weights and prepping centering hubs.
- Prep steering knuckles: Steering knuckle housing and mating surfaces need to be free of corrosion and other contaminants in order to ensure proper installation of the wheel bearing hub assembly. The 3M file belt system lets you get into deep indentations and complex surfaces, making cleanup fast and easy.
(PDF, 264.3 Kb)
3M Science. On the Cutting Edge of Performance
Cubitron™ II abrasives
are only one example of how the need for process improvements, new solutions and alternatives drives the development of new abrasive technologies. 3M is already working on the next breakthrough to make your life and your work better, safer and more profitable.