- Ruby Red UPVC film backing to allow accurate positioning
- Resists effects of changing atmospheric conditions to allow repeated and extended burn times
- Low caliper backing to minimize ghosting and provide sharper definition
- Pin-hole free backing to provide continuous opacity to light source to help reduce minimize retouching
- Firm, long-aging adhesive which is resistant to softening to resist oozing during applications and storage
3M™ Lithographers Tape 616 is an optically transparent and photographically opaque tape primarily designed for many lithographic stripping applications in the graphic arts industry. It is available in a wide selection of widths and lengths to meet almost any demand.
Science you can see
3M™ Lithographers Tape 616 is a Ruby Red 2.4 mil unplasticized polyvinyl chloride (UPVC) film tape with a rubber adhesive. The low caliper, pin-hole free, colored backing allows for accurate positioning while minimizing ghosting and simultaneously providing sharper definition with a continuous opacity to light to help minimize retouching. This tape is resistant to changing atmospheric conditions which allows for repeated and extended "burn" times. We've designed this tape with a firm, long-aging rubber adhesive that is resistant to softening. It resists oozing during both application and storage, ensuring a long life and continued performance during processes.
- Printed circuit boards industry applications
- Paper industry applications