- Stage 1 — Prepare. This stage includes pulling dents, removal of paint and rust and efficient, effective masking of the area.
- Stage 2 — Fill. This stage involves patching holes with reinforced filler and smoothing and shaping filler before painting.
- Stage 3 — Paint. This stage includes painting the area and blending and smoothing primer and paint.
- Stage 4 — Finish. The final stage for showroom-grade results: removing small defects, sealing and polishing clear coats and other painted surfaces.
3M supplies premium products such as abrasives, tapes, body fillers and tools for every stage. This system helps you work easily, efficiently and successfully across the entire body repair process.
Bringing Science to the Art of Auto Body Repair
As a brand of 3M, Bondo is well known among boat manufacturers and collision repair professionals. This hardener — a crucial component for use with Bondo Fiberglass Resin and Bondo® Metal Reinforced Filler — is another way that 3M applies science to life, and helps you restore and maintain the beauty and value of your cars, boats and other possessions in and around the home or shop.
- Liquid hardener designed for use with Bondo® Fiberglass Resin and Bondo® Metal Reinforced Filler
- Forms chemical reaction with polyester fiberglass resin or filler for fast, permanent cure
- Helps create 100% waterproof repairs
- Great for repairing tubs, showers, sinks, pools, hot tubs, boats and more
- Easy to dispense from tube
- Use during the Fill stage of the 3M™ Body Repair System