- Ideal for heavy-duty use in MRO and construction applications
- Removes cleanly for up to one month from many opaque, non-glass surfaces when applied indoors
- Sticks immediately and stays for up to one year without deterioration when applied indoors
- Strong water-resistant backing resists wear and light abrasion
- Provides a tight, moisture-resistant seal in many containment situations
- Conforms to irregular surfaces without lifting
- Save time and hassle of removing sticky or dried-on residue
Constructed of polyethylene film laminated to cloth with a rubber adhesive, this durable tape resists curling and tears off the roll cleanly for easy application in MRO and construction. 3M™ Heavy Duty Duct Tape 3939 has a construction that allows for permanent and temporary applications. It is removable with little or no residue up to one month after application to opaque, non-glass surfaces.
All-around holding, splicing, masking, patching, sealing and seaming tape
A Tape with Versatility
Originally developed for heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) applications, duct tape is used today in a variety of maintenance, repair and construction settings. 3M™ Heavy Duty Duct Tape 3939 is an excellent choice for general indoor application in MRO and construction. The tape was tested for flame spread using test method UL723, ASTM E84 and can be used at temperatures as high as 200°F for up to 30 minutes. The sturdy cloth-reinforced tape can be torn from the roll by hand and sticks instantly, providing a wide range of convenient solutions. This tape has a classic silver-colored backing.
Built to Stick
- Taping / splicing insulation
- Capping pipe
- Securing conduit ends
- Temporary repair
- Hanging poly (polyethylene drapes)
- Protecting against light sandblast overspray
3M's family of rugged cloth and duct tapes adheres to most surfaces for applications ranging from bundling to moisture proofing, sealing to splicing, reinforcing to hanging poly drapes. Available in a variety of colors and strengths, they’re known best for their hand tearability, high tensile strength and conformability.
3M™ Heavy Duty Duct Tape 3939 Flyer (PDF, 1.48 Mb)