- Unique foam core that provides stress relaxation when high application loads are encountered, while maintaining tight bond-line aesthetics
- Bonds to a variety of automotive substrates
- Provides high final adhesion and peel strength
- Medium density foam tape provides a balance of conformability and strength
- Viscoelasticity allows elongation and relaxation when put under a load, minimizing stress on the adhesive bond line
- Liner-side adhesive is designed for bonding to automotive paint systems
- Non Liner-side is designed for bonding to exterior trim parts
3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5344, Gray, 1.14 mm is a gray, medium density foam tape providing a balance of conformability and strength, commonly used for the attachment of automotive exterior trim parts such as body side moldings. The acrylic foam core has unique viscoelastic properties that allow it to elongate and relax when put under a load, thereby minimizing stress on the adhesive bond line.
Potential applications of 3M AFT 5344 are the attachment of roof ditch moldings, wheel flares, appliques, and body side molding
Confidence in Your Purchase
The 3M branded liner
(PDF, 147.53 Kb) features a subtle 3M logo marking to provide evidence to the customer that they are receiving the 3M quality they expect from their purchase. The liner makes our tapes easy to identify and difficult to imitate. The proprietary branding technology is designed to help identification of 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape.
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
- Attaching roof ditch moldings
- Attaching body side moldings
- Attaching appliques
- Attaching wheel flares
Since 1925 when one of our lab assistants invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life —developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations - and all of it goes into each of our products developed for automotive OEM, like 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5344.
See more Attachment tapes