- Designed for the primerless attachment of TPO and PP injection molded trim to vehicle exterior
- Features two different adhesives – one on each side of the tape for effective bonding
- Liner-side adhesive delivers high initial and final adhesion for various paint systems
- Non-liner-side adhesive formulated for low energy surfaces like TPO and PP
- Light gray, 1.14 mm acrylic foam core delivers strength and conformability
- Can be used without an adhesion promoter
3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5605 features two acrylic adhesives, one on each side of a 1.14 mm viscoelastic acrylic foam core, designed for attaching low-surface-energy trim and parts to automotive paint surfaces without the use of an adhesion promoter. The foam core provides stress relaxation when exposed to high application loads, and maintains tight bond-line aesthetics under normal conditions.
The liner side adhesive is excellent for bonding to automotive paint systems and surfaces
OEM Attachment Tape for LSE Parts and Trim
3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5605
(PDF, 337.73 Kb) is a good choice for durable, consistent attachment of moldings, trims and other automotive parts made from low-surface-energy (LSE) materials to a variety of automotive paint systems. It features a 1.14 mm acrylic foam core with two different adhesives. The non-liner side adhesive is formulated to deliver high initial tack and final bond strength to surfaces including TPO sand PP without the use of an adhesion promoter. The liner side adhesive is excellent for bonding to automotive paint systems and surfaces. The viscoelastic foam core is engineered for stress relaxation when exposed to high stress loads, and maintains bondline aesthetics under normal stress loads. The inconspicuous light gray color of 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5605 helps to ensure a good bondline appearance. A red siliconized PE liner provides easy one-piece release for efficient application.
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
- Attachment of LSE materials (PP, TPO, PMMA, powder paints)
- Injection molded trim parts
- Body side moldings
- Badges, nameplates and emblems
Since 1925 when a 3M lab assistants invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life —developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations — and all of it goes into each of 3M product developed for automotive OEM, like 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5605.
See more Attachment tapes