- Gray, closed cell 0.76 mm acrylic foam core delivers stress relaxation under load
- Features two different adhesives – one on each side of the tape for effective bonding
- Liner-side adhesive is designed for bonding to rigid clear coat systems
- Non-liner-side is designed for use with adhesion promoter on automotive trim materials
- Exhibits good conformability and excellent plasticizer resistance
3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5314 features two adhesives, one on each side of a 0.76 mm acrylic foam core, designed for robust performance and shear strength on automotive surfaces. Liner side adhesive is formulated for high initial and final adhesion to rigid automotive clear coat systems. Non-liner-side adhesive is excellent for plastics and other common trim materials (adhesion promoter recommended).
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
- Narrow body side moldings
- Mechanically assisted sill plates
- Roof slats
- Thin or flexible nameplates
Since 1925 when a 3M lab assistant invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life — developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations — and all of it goes into each 3M product developed for automotive OEM, like 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 5314.