- Dark gray, closed cell 1.12 mm acrylic foam core delivers stress relaxation under load
- Features two different adhesives – one on each side of the tape for effective bonding
- Liner-side is designed for bonding to rigid clear coat systems
- Non liner-side is designed for use with adhesion promoter on automotive trim materials
- Tape properties make this a good choice for a wide variety of automotive surfaces
3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 4218P features two adhesives, one on each side of a 1.12 mm acrylic foam core, designed for robust performance and shear strength on automotive surfaces such as clear coats. The liner-side adhesive is formulated for high initial and final adhesion to rigid clear coat systems. The non liner-side works on plastics and other common trim materials.
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
- Body side moldings
- Rocker panels moldings and claddings,
- Wheel lip moldings
- Luggage rack slats
- Wind and rain deflectors
- Lightweight rear spoilers
Since 1925 when one of our lab assistants invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations and all of it goes into each of our products developed for automotive OEM, like 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 4229P.
Learn More about 3M™ Attachment Tapes
(PDF, 140 Kb)