- Promotes adhesion of 3M™ VHB™ Tapes to uncoated glass surfaces
- Creates a hydrophobic surface on uncoated glass to protect the 3M™ VHB™ Tape bondline
- Available in 4 fl. oz spray bottle or 1 gallon bulk bottle
- Durable and easy to apply
- Clear in color
3M™ Silane Glass Treatment AP115 is an IPA based silane glass treatment that is used in conjunction with 3M™ VHB™ Tape to promote adhesion. It is easy to apply using the 4 fl. oz. spray bottle and is also available in a 1 gallon bulk bottle. It is clear in color.
3M™ Silane Glass Treatment AP115 is also available in a 1 gallon bulk bottle
- Glass treatment in wet or humid enviroments
- Construction industry
- Moisten a clean, soft absorbent, lint-free cloth with the silane solution (or spray solution onto surface) and wipe the area to be bonded in one direction. Immediately follow with a dry lint-free cloth (two-cloth method). A thin "mono-layer" of the silane solution gives the best results.
- The glass should be completely dry with no film residue visible.* Under normal room temperature conditions it is best to wait 1 to 2 minutes before applying the tape so that any residual moisture can evaporate.
- Apply 3M™ VHB™ Tape within 15 minutes after treating the surface to minimize the risk of recontamination of the surface.