- 4-1/2˝ Type 27 center hole wheel fits 4-1/2˝ right angle grinder to help reach right angles on the workpiece
- Soft density silicon carbide wheel blends surfaces to a fine finish
- Soft density offers exceptional conformability for applications with close tolerances
- Cuts faster than Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend non-woven products, though with less flexibility
- Silicon carbide mineral suits ferrous and non-ferrous metals, including exotic metals and titanium, as well as composites
- Runs clockwise and counterclockwise, allowing greater versatility
- Open web is load resistant, contributing to longer abrasive service life
- Non-woven nylon strands will not melt or smear when heated, reducing potential for unwanted marks and blemishes
When faced with blending or finishing tricky areas such as internal right angles, choose Standard Abrasives™ Type 27 Unitized Wheel - 500 Series for easier access and excellent results. The wheels have a soft, conformable density, making them a good match for light-pressure blending, finishing and polishing on flat or contoured parts. They offer operators the finesse needed for a precise finish.
- Fine grade silicon carbide
- Requires light pressure for fine finishing and polishing
- Highly conformable
- Provides clean, bright surface finish on stainless steel
- Best when run at slower speeds for fine finishes
Type 27 Fits 4-1/2" Right Angle Grinder
- Medium grade silicon carbide in a denser configuration
- Similar to Wheel 532, but with extra layer for durability
- Provides greater rigidity than Wheel 532, for more precise finishing applications
- Higher cut and finishing rate than Wheel 532
- Ideal for high contact pressure applications where cut rate and durability are important
A 4-1/2" Type 27 Wheel (sometimes called a Type 27 Disc) is designed to fit a right angle grinder with a wheel guard, typically used for fiber discs, flap discs and grinding wheels. Type 27 Wheels have a depressed center to allow grinding at any angle without damaging the surrounding surface with the attachment nut, and are particularly useful for working on internal angles. These unitized wheels are used in conjunction with, and sometimes in lieu of, a coated abrasive resin fiber disc or flap disc. Standard center hole and quick change unitized wheels are also available in a range of sizes (sold separately).
Non-woven nylon strands will not melt or smear when heated, reducing potential for unwanted marks and blemishes
Non-Woven Unitized Construction Offers a Step Up in Density and Durability for Stubborn Surfaces
Standard Abrasives™ Unitized Wheels are a great match for tough deburring, cleaning, blending and finishing applications. They come in a broad range of densities and grades to suit different metals, the degree of aggressiveness required, shape of the part and desired finish. Although used for some of the same tasks as Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend products, they are designed with a far stronger and denser construction to support more aggressive applications and accomplish material removal more rapidly. Even though unitized wheels are much stiffer products, the non-woven nylon fibers of the wheel maintain the advantage of responding to surface irregularities while preserving the geometry of the piece, and produce a consistent finish.
Unitized wheels are created by starting with layers of open web material that combines non-woven fiber strands and abrasive mineral with a tough resin bond. These layers of web are then cured and compressed together. By fusing layers of open web, the abrasive gains more toughness and durability, so it can withstand repeated wear.
Ultimately, the wheel's durability is what makes it such a good match for edges. The wheel is tough enough to complete high-pressure edgework without tearing or otherwise disintegrating. Regardless of the diameter or thickness of the wheel, it maintains its structural integrity to remain a stiff and long-lasting abrasive even under high pressure. Additionally, as the layers wear, the wheel can be dressed to maintain its shape.
Load-Resistant Construction Boosts Life and Performance
Standard Abrasives™ Unitized Wheels are load-resistant to keep you cutting with fresh mineral. The gaps in the open web allow unwanted swarf to escape. Consequently, less debris clogs the abrasive, so the mineral can stay fresh, keep cutting sharp and deliver a consistent cut over the life of the product. As the fibers break down and fresh mineral is exposed, it reduces the likelihood of dull or blunt mineral smearing the surface, contributing to cleaner surfaces and less re-work. Furthermore, manual fatigue that may result from applying heavy pressure to a dull abrasive is reduced.
The Many Benefits of Standard Abrasives™ Non-Woven Products
Standard Abrasives™ Unitized Wheels offer many benefits for heavy-duty jobs. For all the aforementioned reasons, Standard Abrasives™ Unitized Wheels invigorate deburring, cleaning, blending and finishing applications by helping operators reduce finishing steps, minimize costs and achieve greater throughput.