- Provides decorative, high luster finishes on stainless steel, brass and aluminum
- Tough nylon face removes surface contaminants without leaving lines or gouging the work piece
- High strength durability is tear-resistant and stands up to irregular shaped parts
- Open web design resists loading and eliminates metal contamination of workpiece
- Resin coated surface runs cool and is waterproof for use with lubricants
- Various sizes available for wide range of tools: straight shaft portable grinder, bench motor, backstand, floor lathe, rotary, straight line, and robotic
Designed to utilize the material face rather than the edge, our Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend HS Flap Brush helps achieve fine finishes without leaving lines on the workpiece. The high strength (HS) material makes it an ideal choice for blending, cleaning, deburring and finishing on stainless steel, brass and aluminum, especially where uniform and long line brushed finishes are desired.
Learn about 3M™ Industrial Products for Metalworking
- A grain finish on brass strike plates for door hardware
- A satin finish on builders' hardware (cabinet handles, door knobs, and more)
- Satin finishes on soft metals
- Highlighting and finishing aluminum extrusions (used as a quality control tool to identify defects)
- Inline brushed finishes on aluminum and stainless cookware (pots and pans)
- Producing fine scratch patterns on utensils and cutlery prior to cotton buff and compound polishing
- Removing oxide from precious metals
(PDF, 13 Mb)
Featuring Consistent Finishes and Operator Comfort
Flap brushes produce a consistent finish which does not reflect lines commonly attributed with ganged arbor hole discs. Density, pressure and angle determine the ability of the flap brush to remove burrs, oxidation and handling marks. The abrasive brush material provides ventilation which helps dissipate heat and, therefore, runs cooler. This provides consistent finishes without smearing or otherwise discoloring the work piece. Minimal vibration can reduce chattermarks on the workpiece and can lead to less operator and machine fatigue.
Load-Resistant Construction Boosts Life and Performance
Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend products are load-resistant to keep you cutting with fresh mineral. The gaps in the open web allow unwanted swarf to escape. Consequently, less debris clogs the abrasive, so the mineral can stay fresh, keep cutting sharp and deliver a consistent cut over the life of the product. As the fibers break down and fresh mineral is exposed, it reduces the likelihood of dull or blunt mineral smearing the surface, contributing to cleaner surfaces and less re-work. Furthermore, manual fatigue that may result from applying heavy pressure to a dull abrasive is reduced.
The Many Benefits of Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend Products
Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend products invigorate deburring, cleaning, blending and finishing applications by helping operators reduce finishing steps, minimize costs and achieve greater throughput. Each Buff and Blend product and grade offers unique benefits, so operators can choose from a versatile range of options to ensure superior performance on specific applications.
See more Standard Abrasives™ Buff & Blend High Strength Products
(PDF, 10 Mb)