- Fast set and cure time for fast-paced processes and productivity
- Elastic formula creates high-strength bonds
- Multi substrate bonder works on a wide variety of similar and dissimilar substrates
- One component adhesive for easy application with no mixing or guesswork
- Paintable after curing for professional results
3M™ Polyurethane Adhesive Sealant 550 Fast Cure is our low viscosity adhesive that has a fast set time and creates a permanently elastic bond. It is ideal for bonding a variety of similar and dissimilar materials. This one-component polyurethane adhesive provides fast cure time. The low viscosity formula is ideal for creating very thin bond lines.
- Marine deck to hull bonding
- Vertical and horizontal expansion joint applications
- Concrete and masonry control joints
- Aluminum curtain wall and storefronts
- Door and window frame perimeters
3M Manual Applicator
Paintable after Skin Forms for Improved Appearance
3M™ Polyurethane Adhesive Sealant 550 offers an alternative to mechanical fasteners and can replace rivets in some applications. It will bond dissimilar substrates and a wide selection of materials. This adhesive will perform in temperatures ranging from -40°F/-40°C to 194°F/90°C. Once skin forms (60-90 minutes), the sealant can be painted to improve the final finish.
Choose a 3M Pneumatic Applicator for ergonomic application
Understanding Polyurethane Sealants
Polyurethane sealants provide strong, flexible durable elastomeric bonds that seal against the elements. These sealants excel in challenging industrial, transportation and construction applications. Polyurethane sealants are available in a wide variety of Shore A hardness, open time and colors to meet many application needs. Choose a 3M Manual
Applicator for dispensing 3M adhesives sealant cartridges and 400ml/600ml sausage packs.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
Click here for more information on 3M™ Adhesive Sealants.
(PDF, 797.43 Kb)