- Resists weathering, making it effective for many outdoor applications in hot and cold weather with quick, clean removal when finished
- Excellent weatherability helps preserve equipment and vehicles for long-term storage of at least two years
- Can be certified to Military Specification: SAE AMS-T-22085
- Excellence resistance to staining, common lubricants and strippable coatings on a variety of surfaces
- Polyethylene backing conforms to irregular surfaces with ease
3M™ Preservation Sealing Tape 481 is a black, polyethylene tape with a unique rubber adhesive. With excellent stain resistance and weatherability, this tape helps preserve, seal and protect equipment and vehicles for long-term storage applications in a variety of weather conditions. This tape provides excellent performance as an industrial and military preservation tape.
Learn more about 3M™ Industrial Adhesives and Tapes
- Preserving, sealing and protecting various industrial and military equipment in transportation and storage
- Long term preservation applications
- Splicing and patching materials used by the construction industry
(PDF, 4.65 Mb)
Removes Cleanly after Two Years of Weather Exposure
3M™ Preservation Sealing Tape 481 is coated with a unique, pressure sensitive, rubber adhesive that offers excellent adhesion to a wide selection of materials. When finished, this adhesive requires less work to remove than other similarly designed products, even after one year of weather exposure. This adhesive is an excellent choice for sealing, protecting, and preserving, particularly for use in the marine industry.