- Good chemical, solvent and UV resistance for increased bond durability
- High strength adhesive is ideal for high surface energy and low surface energy materials as well as textured plastics, foams, fabrics and coated papers
- Smooth adhesive for high quality appearance on thin graphic overlays
- 55 lb. densified kraft paper liner is ideal for rotary die-cutting processes
- Minimal adhesive allows for low profile bond line applications
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9458 is a thin, high-tack adhesive transfer tape designed for general purpose transfer applications. This tape is mounted on a 55 lb. densified kraft paper liner and is ideal for rotary die-cutting applications. It provides good chemical and UV resistance.
Smooth adhesive for high-quality appearance on thin graphic overlays
Ideal for Rotary Die-Cutting Processes
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9458
(PDF, 472.51 Kb) is a thin, high tack adhesive designed for rotary processing and high and low surface energy pats. It features 1 mil of our 3M™ High Strength Acrylic adhesive which delivers a high strength bond for thin-width applications. Mounted on a 55 lb. densified kraft paper liner, this tape works well for a variety of applications including rotary die-cutting processes. The liner delivers added strength, resisting breakage for time-saving one-piece liner removal.
- Graphic nameplates
- Overlays on metal and low surface energy plastic surfaces
- Bonding metal nameplates and rating plates
Minimal adhesive allows for low-profile bond line applications
High Strength, Thin Bond
3M™ 300 High Strength Acrylic Adhesive is a high-tack acrylic adhesive system featuring high initial adhesion and bonds well to a wide variety of materials, including high and low surface energy plastics, textured plastics, foams, fabrics and coated papers. It features good chemical, solvent and UV resistance. Despite a thin profile, this adhesive is high-tack and high strength, even in elevated temperatures. 300 High Strength Adhesive forms a consistently strong bond across a range of temperature, including up to 250°F/121°C. By using a 55 lb. densified kraft paper liner, this tape provides reliable performance for a variety of applications, including graphic attachment options and select die-cutting processes.
What are Adhesive Transfer Tapes?
In general, 3M adhesive transfer tapes are rolls of pressure sensitive adhesive pre-applied to a special release liner. The tape consists of adhesive only, and does not have any type of backing material. For application the tape is positioned adhesive side down to a surface and the liner is removed, exposing the backside of the adhesive to the joining surface.