- Medium tack removable adhesive on the liner side is ideal for repositioning and clean removability
- High tack permanent adhesive on the face side can be applied at temperatures as low as 32°F/0°C
- Ideal solution that works on a variety of substrates or materials for temporary mounting of paper, plastics, films or foams
- UPVC film carrier provides dimensional stability up to 125°F/52°C and improved handling for laminating and die-cutting
3M™ Removable Repositionable Double Coated Tape 9425 is ideal for applications where one part needs to be repositioned or removed easily. This double coated tape is composed of high-tack, permanent adhesive on one side and medium-tack adhesive on the other with a resilient UPVC carrier in between. The medium tack adhesive is ideal for repositioning or multiple openings and closings.
Click here for more information about 3M™ Removable Reposistionable Double Coated Tape 9425 applications
- Point of purchase displays/clean removal labelling
- Reclosable bags or envelopes
- Core starting and end tabbing of papers, foils, and films
- Removable stickers and labels
- Mounting promotional items
- Removable/changeable advertisements
- Temporary hold for protective packaging material, such as foam or cardboard, used during shipment of manufactured goods
- Temporary repositioning of foam gaskets
(PDF, 253.18 Kb)
Two Sides, Two Adhesives
We formulate 3M™ Adhesive 420 as an acrylic, high tack ("permanent") adhesive used on the face side (non-liner side) of the tape. In this configuration, the protective liner covers the medium tack adhesive while the high tack adhesive is exposed as the tape is unwound. The high tack adhesive side is then laminated to the primary substrate for permanent adhesion. The liner is then removed to expose the medium tack side for final placement.
Our double coated tape is composed of high-tack, permanent adhesive on one side and medium-tack adhesive on the other with a resilient UPVC carrier in between
Our 3M™ Adhesive 420 provides very high adhesion to a wide variety of materials, excellent holding power, and short-term high temperature resistance up to 450°F/232°C. It also gives you the ability to make adhesive bonds at temperatures as low as 320F/00C.
We protect this tape using a 58 lb. polycoated kraft paper liner. The release liner provides reliable performance for industrial applications, such as die-cutting and automated dispensers. The moisture-stable liner also helps reduce edge roll and protects the tape from humidity extremes.
3M™ Adhesive 1050 is a medium tack adhesive that provides a secure, temporary seal and allows you to remove and reposition on demand. It allows clean removal from many foils, films and other surfaces without leaving adhesive residue.
What is Double Coated Tape?
In general, double coated tape is composed of a paper, film, or tissue carrier that is coated on both sides with pressure sensitive adhesive. The adhesive is protected by a peel-away liner that is removed at the time of application. These tapes can be applied by hand or with a dispenser. Double coated tape dispensers are available in a variety of configurations ranging from manual to fully automatic. Applications for double coated tape are found in electronics, automotive, aerospace, general industrial, and fabrication markets.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.