- Low-impact taping helps protect even lightweight cartons and contents
- Designed for high-speed taping applications or under-filled boxes without compromising tape adhesion
- Available in 2 inch (48 mm) and 3 inch (72 mm) models
- Applies Scotch® Box Sealing Tape at belt speeds up to 150 feet per minute
- Narrow profile for easy retrofitting to existing machines
- Middle and rear brushes for better tape wipedown
- Engineered for durability, low maintenance and consistent tape application
- Exposed tape path for fast, easy threading
- Stainless steel construction suitable for high-moisture environments
- Friction brake drum to maintain proper tape tension and prevent overcoasting
- Tape drum latch secures roll for stability and positive tape alignment
3M™ AccuGlide™ V HSP Taping Head is designed for high-speed tape application that uses low-impact motion to seal cases with minimum force. It can apply Scotch® Box Sealing Tape at up to 150 fpm while maintaining quality tape application. This taping head is designed for sealing under-filled boxes without compromising tape adhesion.
Low-impact taping uses minimal force without compromising tape adhesion, even at speeds up to 150 fpm
Low-Impact and Lightweight Taping Head
With low-impact motion, the high-speed 3M™ AccuGlide™ V HSP Taping Head applies Scotch® Box Sealing Tape at up to 150 feet per minute yet exerts minimum force on cases to protect both cartons and contents. Specifically designed for consistent and quality sealing in high-speed taping applications or under-filled boxes, this taping head also offers a narrow profile for easy retrofitting to existing machines and low maintenance for improved productivity. Its low-profile side plate, open tape path and easy-to-follow instructions allow for fast, easy threading. Made of stainless steel for durability yet lightweight for easy handling.
3M™ AccuGlide™ V HSP Taping Head assists in case sealing operations across a wide range of industries, including:
Stable Alignment and Smooth Application
- Food and beverage
- Medical devices
- Manufacturing and distribution centers
3M™ AccuGlide™ V HSP Taping Head has a tape drum latch that secures rolls for stability and positive tape alignment — just press to release for a roll change. The rugged stainless steel construction provides exceptional durability, and the taping head also has a friction brake drum to maintain proper tape tension and prevent overcoasting for smooth tape application.
Taping Heads Provide Low-Impact Sealing
Designed to apply a "C" clip of Scotch® box sealing tape, the 3M™ AccuGlide™ V HSP Taping Head seals the top center seam. Designed for low impact and consistent application, 3M™ AccuGlide™ Taping Heads help protect boxes while providing greater case throughput.
The 3M™ AccuGlide™ Taping Process
Regular slotted containers (RSC) are placed on the conveyor and pushed into the case sealer drive belts, which convey each box into the taping head. The 3M™ AccuGlide™ Taping Head applies Scotch® pressure sensitive film box sealing tape at the leading end of the box, continuing along the center seam to the trailing end. This is called a "C" clip application. The taping head cuts the tape as it is being applied. After the box is securely sealed, it exits the case sealer.