- Boron content up to 80 wt% (compared to 16 wt% for boric acid and sodium pentaborate)
- High water solubility allows smaller footprint for emergency shutdown pools
- High solubility may reduce crystallization and deposition in power plant systems decreasing corrosion
- May reduce or eliminate need for pool heating and heat tracing of lines
- Thermally stable at temperatures >500ºC
3M™ Neutron Quench are highly water soluble, high boron content compounds that help give nuclear power plants more complete control of the fission reaction and can help shut down the reactor in an emergency situation.