- Clear, 0.031 in. (0.8 mm) closed-cell acrylic foam carrier
- Clean removability from many substrates
- High ultimate adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces
- Unique acrylic adhesive system provides long term durability
- Good initial and long-term temperature resistance
3M™ Double Coated Removable Foam Tape 4658 is a clear, closed-cell, acrylic foam carrier. It is formulated for indoor and outdoor mounting and bonding applications where clean removability is needed. It offers good temperature resistance and long term durability.
3M™ Double Coated Removable Foam Tape 4658 is a great choice for general interior and exterior mounting applications
Benefits of Double Coated Tape
- Indoor general purpose mounting and joining
- Nameplate mounting
- Point-of-purchase displays and signs
- Temporary holding
- Mount retail shelf price channels
- Mount pen holders
3M double coated tapes offer speed, strength and improved aesthetics to your mounting application. Instead of mechanical fasteners such as screws, bolts and studs, double coated tapes leave no puncture holes. Our tapes can be easily applied by hand or with a dispenser, with no special application equipment required for a firm bond.
What is Double Coated Tape?
In general, double coated tape is composed of a foam, paper, film, or tissue carrier that is coated on both sides with pressure sensitive adhesive. The adhesive is protected by a peel-away liner that can be removed at the time of application or left in place until the joining surfaces are ready to be attached. Applications for double coated tape are found in construction, fabrication, arts, and hobby. For bonding rough or irregular surfaces, 3M™ Double Coated Foam Tapes fill gaps and distribute stress uniformly over the bonded area.