- Designed for a full range of on-press printed label applications including flexographic and screen
- Facestocks include polyester, vinyl and acetate for durability and conformability
- Range of 3M acrylic adhesives suits the most specific applications
- Liners suit processes including high-speed die cutting and matrix stripping
3M™ Press Printable Label Materials are excellent for efficiency across a wide range of printed labeling applications. Topcoated facestocks from vinyl to acetate provide a wide choice of durability and conformability, and suit specific inks and methods. 3M adhesives are designed for applications requiring high tack, temperature performance, challenging substrates and more.
Designed for a full range of on-press printed label applications including flexographic and screen
Recommended uses include warning labels
Label Materials for a Broad Range of Specific Press-Printable Applications
3M™ Press Printable Label Materials feature combinations of durable, conformable facestocks and premium 3M adhesives designed for screen or flexographic printing processes as well as digital, Inkjet, heat transfer, laser or dot matrix printing. Facestocks range from semi-gloss paper to vinyl, polyester, polypropylene, polystyrene and acetate for just the right blend of durability and conformability. The facestocks are available matte or gloss in a variety of colors. Materials also include liners: densified kraft, supercalendered kraft, clay coated and PCK for fast and streamlined processing.
About 3M Adhesives for Press Printable Labels
- Thermal transfer labels
- Variable information printing
- Bar code tracking
- Track and trace
- Brand and instruction labels
- Warning labels
- Surface protection and masking
- Over laminate
- UV protection
- Tamper indicating
- Destructible labels
- Retread tires
- Rubber hoses
- Waxy surfaces
- Fluid-line identification
- Fraud reduction
- Digital window graphics
- Void message
- Drum labels
- Frozen foods
3M™ Press Printable Label Materials feature a range of our specially-formulated adhesives for just the right balance of adhesion and removability. Adhesives include:
- 3M™ Adhesive 350 is a modified acrylic adhesive ideal for applications requiring high shear strength even on low surface energy materials, powder coatings or slightly oily metals.
- 3M™ Adhesive 310 resists oozing and provides high bond strength on a variety of surfaces, ideal for smaller label printing applications. Its firmness is compatible with thermal transfer and laser technologies.
- 3M™ Adhesive P1212 is a high-clarity emulsion, ideal for use on overlamination and decorative films. It adheres well to painted metal (except powder coats), plastics such as polystyrene and ABS, galvanized and stainless steel, aluminum and even glass.
- 3M™ Permanent Tackified Acrylic Adhesive P1410 provides high tack and excellent adhesion to substrates, including polyolefins. It features a neutral pH to help prevent corrosion between the label and the surface or container. It is ideal for flexographic printing technologies.
- 3M™ High Performance Permanent Tackified Acrylic Adhesive P1480 is formulated for acid resistance and adhesion to polyolefins, and meets the demanding requirements of most battery label specifications.
- 3M™ Permanent Rubber-based Adhesive P1110 is designed for labeling tires when used with tire wash. It is a general-purpose rubber-based adhesive that is excellent for use on rubber as well as textured plastics, UV-coated corrugated and metal such as aluminum.
- 3M™ High Temperature Acrylic Adhesive 100 is designed for exceptional shear values at elevated temperatures, and can withstand exposure to 450°F (232°C) for short periods.
- 3M™ High Performance Permanent Tackified Acrylic Adhesive P1650 is designed to meet difficult automotive underhood specifications It delivers excellent thermal stability and resists many automotive and industrial fluids.
- 3M™ Freezer Grade Acrylic Adhesive F2201 offers high initial tack, good clarity, and adhesion when applied at temperatures as low as 0°F (-18°C).
Many of these adhesives are UL recognized and CSA accepted (see the UL and CSA listings for Files and other details).
Learn more about 3M™ Press Printable Label Materials
(PDF, 3.24 Mb)
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface Through Science
3M is the premier durable label
solution provider globally in the Industry today. 3M materials and services will enable you and your customers to present the best images, products and quality as we solve marketplace challenges from design to production. We do this by partnering with industry leaders to deliver the best possible technology for innovative solutions regardless of your print method, substrates and ink systems.