- Works in demanding conditions including autoclave cycles up to 350°F (177°C)
- High temperature resistance provides good initial tack, holding strength and clean removability
- Provides a degree of conformability while meeting low caliper requirements
- Rubber adhesive can be used on many parts where subsequent painting or bonding is necessary
- Green color for easy identification and positioning
3M™ Polyester Tape 875 has a thin, high strength polyester film that provides a degree of conformability while meeting low caliper requirements. This tape works in demanding conditions and provides satisfactory performance in short term bake cycles at 400°F (204°C), as well as longer term autoclave processes up to 350°F (177°C).
Inside bagging application for autoclave processes
Effective Tape in High Temperature Applications
Our 3M™ Polyester Tape 875 has a polyester film backing with a green, rubber-based adhesive. It can be used in high temperature applications including temporary holding and masking in composite bonding. When the job is finished, removal is simple, and this tape offers clean release after autoclave processes where tape is used for holding TC wires, vacuum bagging materials, and tooling. The high temperature resistant, non-silicone adhesive also makes it ideal for paint masking in liquid or powder coat processes.
3M™ Polyester Tape 875 has a high temperature operating range while offering clean removal from stainless steel, aluminum and glass after exposure up to 350°F (177°C) for several hours. In shorter cycles, the tape provides satisfactory performance up to 400°F (204°C) bake cycles. Additionally, the rubber-based adhesive can be used on many parts where subsequent painting or bonding is necessary.
Outside bagging application
- Masking parts for high temperature painting and powder coat painting
- Holding materials or sealing vacuum bags during autoclave processing
- Temporary holding