- Polyethylene backing provides good chemical and solvent resistance
- Non-yellowing transparent acrylic adhesive bonds to a variety of materials
- Extremely flexible backing enables tape to stretch and conform to textured and irregular surfaces
- Clear polyethylene backing makes repairs less visible
- Good abrasion resistance provides durability in repair and splicing applications
- Tape remains adhered and flexible to temperatures as low as -20°F
Constructed with an extremely conformable backing, 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 480 is designed to be used in general repair, patching and splicing of polyethylene sheeting. This tape is coated with a non-yellowing, transparent, acrylic adhesive and features a clear polyethylene backing that helps make repairs less visible.
Clear Tape for Splicing and Repairs
Our 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 480
(PDF, 14 Kb) stretches easily and is highly conformable for a tight seal over and around irregular surfaces. The smooth backing provides good solvent and alkali resistance. It meets MIL STD 2041D(SH) for leachable halogens, making it ideal for corrosion sensitive applications. The acrylic adhesive bonds to a variety of surfaces and can be used in many sealing, protecting, repair and patching applications. This resilient tape can be used in short-term outdoor applications at temperatures as low -20°F/-29°C and as high as 170°F/77°C.
- Splicing and patching of polyethylene sheeting
- Repairing awnings
- Sealing on smooth and irregular surfaces
- Surface protection
- Short-term outdoor repair applications