- Works in demanding conditions and high temperatures ranging from -60ºF (-50ºC) to 400ºF (204ºC)
- Clean removal during high-temperature masking operations such as powder coating
- Polyester film offers excellent thermal and chemical resistance while maintaining flexibility
- Thicker version of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8991
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Translucent green backing provides easy identification and positioning
Our 3M™ Polyester Tape 8992 is a general purpose polyester tape that excels in high temperature masking operations such as powder coat painting. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape bonds to a variety of difficult surfaces. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.
3M™ Polyester Tape 8992 provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
Mask in High Temperatures
3M™ Polyester Tape 8992 is a general purpose polyester tape ideal for masking in high temperature applications. The translucent green backing is tear resistant. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape functions well in masking for powder coating to provide sharp paint lines. It removes cleanly and in one-piece from most surfaces, avoiding slivering and breaking. This tape is a thicker version of our 3M™ Polyester Tape 8991.
Learn more about 3M™ Masking and Surface Protection Products
(PDF, 4.65 Mb)
With excellent chemical resistance, this tape works effectively in chemical processes and demanding work conditions, such as anodizing. The pressure sensitive silicone adhesive performs under a broad range of temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 400°F (204°C).
- Masking parts for high temperature powder coat painting
- Holding parts or vacuum bags during composite bonding operations
- Masking metal surfaces (PDF, 254.41 Kb) in acid or caustic chemical milling baths
- Protective tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping
- Flash breaker in metal bonding processes where the excess epoxy (flash) flows on the tape