- Polyester backing provides strength and puncture resistance
- Tough film provides excellent tensile strength, abrasion and edge tear resistance
- Heavy duty, highly transparent tape resists yellowing over time
- Acrylic adhesive adheres to a wide variety of substrates
- Good temperature resistance and long term aging
3M™ Polyester Tape 8412 is a transparent polyester film tape with excellent tensile strength and abrasion resistance. It features a tough, polyester backing and an acrylic adhesive. 3M™ Polyester Tape 8412 can be used for many heavy-duty, permanent edging and reinforcing types of applications.
Chemical and solvent resistance make tape ideal for edging, reinforcing and label protection
Transparent, Tear Resistant Protection
3M™ Polyester Tape 8412
(PDF, 12.24 Kb) is a thick, abrasion resistant polyester film tape that features excellent tensile strength. The transparent backing is puncture and tear resistant, while the acrylic adhesive adheres to a wide range of substrates. This tape resists yellowing over time and excels in permanent protection applications. With good chemical resistance and transparency, this tape works effectively when subjected to a variety of chemicals and solvents.
- Paper edging
- Hole reinforcing
- Label protection
- Printing plate protection
- Miscellaneous applications where high clarity and permanence is required