- Tissue carrier features permanent bond on one side, removable and reusable on the other
- Permanent adhesive on the face side can be applied at temperatures as low as -20°F/-29°C and as high as 158°F/70°C
- Low tack easy side adhesive allows for repositioning and reuse
- 2 mil adhesive is ideal for bonding a variety of similar and dissimilar materials
- Constructed to offer clean removal without adhesive residue
- 70# PCK liner protects low-tack adhesive side and adds stability
3M™ Removable Repositionable Tape 9416 is a double-coated tape ideal for applications requiring a balance of reliable adhesion and removability. This double-coated tape features a light tissue carrier with two adhesives: 3M™ Acrylic Adhesive 400 delivers a permanent bond, and 3M™ Repositionable Acrylic Adhesive 1000 is repositionable, removable and often reusable on flexible materials.
Two Adhesives for a Versatile Range of Uses
- Core starting and end tabbing of papers, foils, and films
- Hold credit cards in mailers
- Reclosable bags or envelopes
- Removable labels
- Point of purchase displays
- Book inserts
- Mounting promotional items
- Removable/changeable advertisements
- Temporary repositioning of foam gaskets
3M™ Acrylic Adhesive 400 is a medium-firm pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive system. It features an excellent balance of good initial adhesion (quick stick) and good shear holding power. This formulation gives 3M™ Adhesive 400 a consistently strong bond, good low temperature performance (up to 250°F/121°C) and good peel strength on many surfaces.
3M™ Repositionable Acrylic Adhesive 1000 offers a low tack adhesion and provides clean removal to intended substrates and is repositionable after initial application. In addition, this repositionable tape
(PDF, 548.7 Kb) is solvent resistant and maintains clarity and UV resistance, which is particularly beneficial for window label applications.
What is Double Coated Tape?
In general, double coated tape is composed of a paper, film, or tissue carrier that is coated on both sides with pressure sensitive adhesive. The adhesive is protected by a peel-away liner that is removed at the time of application. These tapes can be applied by hand or with a dispenser. Double coated tape dispensers are available in a variety of configurations ranging from manual to fully automatic. Applications for double coated tape are found in electronics, automotive, aerospace, general industrial, and fabrication markets.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.