- Reverse-wound rolls allow for faster installation
- No primer required on most common construction materials
- Rain and wind resistant; permeable to water vapor
- Apply at surface temperatures as low as 0°F (-18°C) or as high as 150°F (66°C)
- Thicker proprietary pattern coated adhesive seals firmly while exceeding vapor permeability standards
- Membrane self-seals if penetrated, surrounding nails and staples to further reduce moisture intrusion
- Lighter weight rolls than comparable competitor products
3M™ Air Barrier with Permeable Backing 3015VP is a self-adhered vapor permeable, wind and water resistant membrane with an aggressive acrylic adhesive and a breathable film. Primer is not required on most construction surfaces. This reverse-wound roll allows for longer roll lengths, increasing contractor productivity.
Membrane Self-Seals to Reduce Moisture Intrusion
3M™ Air Barrier with Permeable Backing
- Building construction
- Climate control
(PDF, 207.2 Kb) 3015VP works in varied climates, which permits an extended application surface temperature range between 0°F (-18°C) and 150°F (66°C) and a service temperature range from -40°F (-40°C) to 240°F (116°C). It self-seals if penetrated, quickly closing around nails and staples to further reduce moisture intrusion. Use this material to help prevent moisture condensation by keeping the air temperature curve higher than the dew point throughout the wall.
Stops Air Leakage, Protects Air Quality and Guards Against Moisture Ingress
Using the most advanced barrier technology, the 3M™ Air Barrier with Permeable Backing 3015VP was developed through expertise in all areas of building science and indoor climate control. It was engineered to provide exacting control over moisture, air and vapor. The membrane stops air leakage, protects air quality and guards against moisture ingress.
UV resistant up to 12 months, this innovative system also brings unprecedented cost efficiency. A one-step membrane means higher productivity. The membrane allows for easy application, with no need for priming, saving installation time and labor costs. Lightweight and easy to use, a standard 30” roll of 3M™ Air Barrier with Permeable Backing 3015VP weighs 26 pounds, yet it outperforms thicker, competitive membranes weighing up to two times more.