- Durable backing provides abrasion and puncture resistance for long-term aging performance in aerospace applications
- Acrylic adhesive provides excellent long-aging properties ideal for many permanent applications
- Available on a skip-slit liner for ease of application
- Meets flame retardant specifications of F.A.R. 25.853(a) and F.A.R. 25.855(d) and is EU Compliant
- High conformability to bond over a variety of difficult textures and uneven or curved surfaces
- Formulation does not contain antimony
- Offers good temperature resistance of -20ºF/-29ºC to 250ºF/121ºC
- Meets requirements of and can be qualified to Boeing material specifications BMS 5-146 Type I, Class I, Grade A
Designed primarily for sealing aircraft cargo bay panels, 3M™ Glass Cloth Tape 398FR is an ideal choice for applications requiring high adhesion, an abrasion resistant backing and flame retardant properties. This tape offers a durable abrasion and puncture resistant glass cloth backing that is conformable for ease of installation.
Permanently Seal and Protect
Our 3M™ Glass Cloth Tape 398FR
(PDF, 10.49 Kb) features a white glass-cloth backing designed to provide a clean finished appearance. This tape features a pressure sensitive, acrylic adhesive that adheres to a variety of substrates. It is available on a skip-slit liner for ease of application. Once bonded, this adhesive provides high, secure adhesion for extended periods in a wide range of climate and temperature conditions, including temperatures as high as 250°F/121°C. A blue polyethylene film liner assists with ease of application. This tape features good puncture resistance, high tensile strength and superior abrasion resistance.
3M™ Glass Cloth Tape 398FR meets the flame retardant specifications of F.A.R. Part 25.853(a), F.A.R. Part 25.855(d) and MIL A-3316C 3 13.1 and 3 13.2. It is EU compliant per directive 2003/11/EC of the European Parliament and the Council of February 6, 2003 amending Council Directive 76/769/EEC which restricts the use of penta-BDE and octa-BDE flame retardants. This tape meets requirements of and can be qualified to Boeing material specifications BMS 5-146 Type I, Class I, Grade A.
Use 3M™ Glass Cloth Tape 398FR to seal aircraft cargo bay panels
- Sealing thermal and acoustic insulation panels where high adhesion and flame retardancy are needed
- Aircraft window sealing, duct sealing and seat repair
- Protection of wire harnesses, electrical cables or hoses from temperature extremes and abrasion