- Conformable pad quiets noise around trunks, door panels, hoods, floor pans and more
- Self-adhesive material is easy to install without any special tools
- Multi-purpose sound deadening mat reduces road noise, sound system vibrations, and rattles
- Easy-to-cut material fits easily around a variety of stamped shapes
- Center perforation allows easy door panel installation
3M™ Sound Deadening Pad makes riding in a vehicle more pleasant by suppressing road noise, sound system vibrations, rattles and other distracting noises. Our sound deadening pads are conformable, self-adhesive sheets that can be easily custom cut and applied to vehicle floor pans, engine compartments, hoods, deck-lids, inside doors and on body panels.
Conformable, self-adhesive sheets can be easily custom cut
Enjoy Riding in Quiet Comfort
3M™ Sound Deadening Pad blocks noise from the outside world so that passengers in a car, truck or van can ride in quiet comfort. Our pad suppresses noises from many sources, include road noise, engine sounds, rattles and squeaks from the vehicle. So while there may be many distracting noises outside of the vehicle, the interior cabin will offer quiet solitude. Road tested to the high standards of the European market, our sound deadening pads work to suppress noise and vibration.
Easy Custom Installation in any Vehicle
We designed our sound deadening pads to be conformable and easy to install. Our self-adhesive sheets can be easily custom cut and applied to floor pans, engine compartments, hoods, deck lids, inside doors and on body panels. Our pad fits easily around a variety of stamped shapes and has a center perforation for easy door panel installation. Sound deadening pads only require simple household tools such as a scissors for installation. This pad may be used as a replacement for factory installed sound deadening pads or as newly installed sound deadening pads in a vehicle. The pads are embossed with a diamond pattern to match OEM standards and are compatible for painting if desired.
Directions for Installation
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from oil or grease.
- Wash the surface with soap and water to remove water soluble contaminants.
- Follow the soap and water wash with an appropriate VOC-Compliant product for the removal of any remaining surface contaminants. Reference the 3M Automotive Aftermarket Catalog for a suitable product.
- Cut 3M™ Sound Deadening Pads to size and shape using scissors or knife.
- Remove the tan paper liner and apply using strong, even pressure.
- To increase conformability and/or initial adhesion, the pads may be preheated to approximately 95°F - 115°F.
- Do not attempt to apply sound deadening pads at temperatures below 40°F.
3M™ Sound Deadening Pads Add a Touch of Luxury to any Vehicle
- If the 3M™ Sound Deadening Pad is to be painted, peel off the clear protective film from the surface in order to achieve good paint adhesion.
- If a thicker or heavier application is desired, multiple pads may be stacked, making sure to first remove the clear protective film in between pads.
3M™ has made it easy to improve the quality of a vehicle's ride with our 3M™ Sound Deadening Pads. We have put the science of sound suppression to work to give passengers a more quiet and pleasant experience while traveling.