- Green, durable backing protects against a variety of blasting media
- Greater visibility during removal due to green color
- Thinnest of the portfolio yet provides outstanding conformability
- Acrylic adhesive provides reliable bond to various surfaces
- Adhesive helps ensure clean, one-piece removal without residue
- Easy release paper liner makes for efficient die-cutting
3M™ Impact Stripping Tape 500 features a green, rubber backed tape with a paper liner. It has a specially formulated, backing that withstands impact against common blasting media such as aluminum oxide, steel shot, glass bead, and plastic. This tape is the thinnest of the portfolio yet provides outstanding conformability.
3M™ Impact Stripping Tapes protect surfaces during plastic media blasting
We made our 3M™ Impact Stripping Tape 500 to cut easily, smoothly and cleanly, making it an optimal tape for masking fine details or creating small lettering. The paper release liner is coated with a silicone film for easy removal commonly sought for die cutting applications. With its stand-out color and thick backing, the tape leaves highly visible cut lines. The tape's acrylic adhesive provides a strong bond on many surfaces including metal, glass, wood and many plastics and has a temperature range from 40°F — 120°F/4°C — 49°C. The adhesive, along with the rubber backing provide clean, one piece removal with minimal clean-up. Our 3M™ Impact Stripping Tape 500 is available in a wide variety of widths to suit your specific applications.