- Curvilinear design for low impact taping to help protect even lightweight cartons and contents
- Stainless steel construction offers corrosion resistance in high moisture environments
- Applies tape widths of 1.5-2” (36-48mm) at conveyer speeds of up to 78 fpm
- Engineered for durability, low maintenance and consistent tape application
- Low profile side plate, open tape path and easy-to-follow labeling allow fast, easy threading
- Friction brake drum to maintain proper tape tension and prevent overcoasting
- Buffing and applying rollers are designed for easy removal
- Tape drum latch secures roll for stability and positive tape alignment
3M™ AccuGlide™ 2+ Stainless Steel Upper/Lower Taping Head features low-impact curvilinear motion to seal cases with minimum force. The low profile side plate and open tape path allow fast and easy threading, while the friction brake drum maintains proper tape tension. Made of stainless steel for durability and corrosion resistance, even in high-moisture environments.
Designed for durability and consistent low impact sealing
3M™ AccuGlide™ 2+ Stainless Steel Upper/Lower Taping Head assists 3M-Matic™ Adjustable Stainless Steel Case Sealer a20-s and 3M-Matic™ Semi-Automatic Adjustable Case Sealer 700a-s in case sealing operations across a wide range of industries, including:
Stable Alignment and Smooth Application
- Food and beverage
- Medical devices
- Manufacturing and distribution centers
3M™ AccuGlide™ 2+ Stainless Steel Upper/Lower Taping Head has a tape drum latch that secures rolls for stability and positive tape alignment — just press to release for a roll change. The rugged stainless steel construction provides exceptional durability even in high-moisture environments, and the taping head also has a friction brake drum to maintain proper tape tension and prevent overcoasting.
Taping Heads Provide Low Impact Sealing
Designed to apply a "C" clip of Scotch® box sealing tape, the 3M™ AccuGlide™ 2+ Stainless Steel Upper/Lower Taping Head seals the top or bottom center seam. With a flowing, curvilinear form for low impact and consistent application, 3M™ AccuGlide™ taping heads help protect boxes while providing greater case throughput.
The 3M™ AccuGlide™ Taping Process
Regular slotted containers (RSC) are placed on the conveyor and pushed into the drive belts, which convey each box into the taping head. The 3M™ AccuGlide™ Taping Head applies Scotch® pressure sensitive film box sealing tape at the leading end of the box, continuing along the center seam to the trailing end. This is called a "C" clip application. The taping head cuts the tape as it is being applied. After the box is securely sealed, it exits the case sealer.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
3M™ AccuGlide™ 2+ Stainless Steel Upper/Lower Taping Head manual
(PDF, 939.19 Kb)