- Designed for reduced peak holding forces, with an overall reduced bulk density for thin wall substrates
- Intumescent mat mount with low binder content and increased resiliency to maximize low temperature performance
- Expands with heat to provide holding force throughout a wide range of operating temperatures
- Helps increase throughput –through low peak compression pressure
- Compensates for extreme differences in the expansion of metal and ceramics
- Protects the substrates from road shocks and vibrations while the catalytic converter is in use
- Seals the monolith perimeter to prevent exhaust gas bypass
- Maintains mounting and insulating system durability
- Extensive engine durability testing and technical knowledge based on more than 30 years of expertise in automotive emissions
Our 3M™ Interam™ Mat Mount 800 is an expanding mat mount with low binder content and increased resiliency to maximize low temperature substrate retention performance. Intumescent mat mount is available in multiple weights and thicknesses for a range of mounting designs, and performs extremely well at low temperature without heat treatment – making is suitable for a wide range of applications.
About 3M™ Interam™ Brand Products
- Catalytic converter mat mount for medium- and heavy-duty diesel substrates with low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Gasoline system mat mounting for thin-wall and ultra thin-wall monoliths and underbody converter locations
- Catalytic converter mat mounting for city duty cycles, underbody converter and diesel applications
- Gasoline system mat mounting for standard wall to ultra thin-wall monoliths and close-coupled to underbody applications
3M™ Interam™ Brand Products are a comprehensive product portfolio of mat mount and thermal insulation materials for a wide range of emission control applications. Additionally, 3M offers application development and testing expertise throughout the key phases of customer design development and manufacturing validation.
3M is dedicated to developing cost effective, high-performance technologies for our customers based on 40 years of industry experience and access to 3M Corporate R&D resources. 3M™ Interam™ Brand Products are manufactured globally and supported through local sales and technical support.