- Used for splicing of most photographic film and web processing
- Aggressive rubber adhesive grabs quickly and adheres well to a variety of films
- Excellent solvent and chemical resistance, especially those found in photographic processes
- Remains flexible at -60ºF (-50ºC) and is dimensionally stable up to 300ºF (150ºC)
- Black is opaque to light and works for systems with automatic sensors
Designed for splicing of photographic film processing, 3M™ Photo Film Splicing Tape 8422 is a black splicing tape featuring a thin, yet strong, polyester backing. It features an aggressive, versatile rubber adhesive that is both solvent and chemical resistant.
Ideal for splicing most film for processing through the developing chemicals
Rubber Adhesive Offers High Tack with Excellent Chemical Resistance
The durable backing of 3M™ Photo Film Splicing Tape 8422
(PDF, 9.86 Kb) is ideal for splicing most film for web and photo processing. The black opaque backing allows for splice identification with automatic sensors and equipment. In addition, the polyester provides additional abrasion protection for sealing, edging and color-coding. The rubber adhesive sticks well to a variety of films, offers excellent chemical and solvent resistance, and features high shear strength. The tape remains flexible at -60°F (-50°C) and is dimensionally stable up to 300°F (150°C).