- Repulpable construction eliminates need to remove splice from waste and prevents contamination of paper mill broke
- Strong, conformable backing makes tape ideal for splicing, tabbing and roll closing applications on a wide variety of papers
- High-tack, heat-resistant adhesive provides instant adhesion to a wide variety of paper grades
- Meets the requirements of indirect food additive regulations as described under FDA 21 CFR 176.170 and FDA 21 CFR 176.180
- Excellent heat resistance (up to 400°F/200°C) makes this an ideal choice for web processing
3M™ Repulpable Strong Single Coated Tape R3187 is a repulpable, bleached high strength extensible kraft paper backing coated with a high-tack, transparent repulpable adhesive. This single side tape is ideal for a variety of splicing, tabbing and roll closing applications on a wide variety of papers and temperatures.
- Core starting
- Roll closing/tabbing
- Butt splicing heavy grades of paper
- Thread-up applications such as at the off-machine coater
Hick-tack, heat-resistant adhesive helps reduce splice failure in demanding applications and high drying temperatures
High-Tack, Heat-Resistant Adhesive
3M™ Repulpable Strong Single Coated Tape R3187 features a repulpable, high-tack transparent adhesive designed to provide excellent bonding strength to a wide variety of paper products, including heavy grades of paper. This heat-resistant adhesive reduces splicing failure and performs in web applications at temperatures are high as 400°F/200°C.
Repulpable Adhesive won't Contaminate Paper Mill Broke
The repulpable adhesive on our 3M™Repulpable Strong Single Coated Tape R3187
(PDF, 208.36 Kb) prevents broke contamination for non-repulpable masking tape. This product meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213, procedure A, FDA complaint 21 CFR 176.170 and 21 CFR 176.180 for components of paper and paperboard in contact with foods.