- 15˝ x 15˝ block in a range of thicknesses can be converted to a custom size or shape and used for hand sanding or mounted to a tool
- Medium to hard density construction with medium or fine grade mineral makes this abrasive a good match for mid-sequence applications such as cleaning of hard metals or general deburring
- Harder material density and increased durability over 600 Series Unitized Blocks provides a longer-lasting and more aggressive abrasive for heavier-duty tasks
- Open web is load resistant, contributing to longer abrasive service life
- Open web features nylon strands that will not melt or smear when heated, reducing potential for unwanted marks and blemishes
- Suitable for ferrous and non-ferrous metals, available with aluminum oxide for better cut or silicon carbide for finishing harder metals, including titanium
The 15˝ x 15˝ blocks of material in our Standard Abrasives™ Unitized Block - 700 Series have a medium to hard density and robust durability, making them a good match for tough deburring, cleaning and finishing applications that require increased aggressiveness. The blocks can be cut and customized into various shapes for a range of uses.
Suitable for ferrous and non-ferrous metals, available with aluminum oxide for better cut or silicon carbide for finishing harder metals, including titanium
Non-Woven Unitized Construction Offers a Step Up in Density and Durability for Stubborn Surfaces
Standard Abrasives™ Unitized Blocks come in a range of densities and grades to suit different metals, the degree of aggressiveness required, and desired finish. Although used for some of the same tasks as Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend products, our unitized products are designed with a far stronger and denser construction to support more aggressive applications and accomplish material removal more rapidly, making them a great match for tough deburring, cleaning, blending and finishing applications. Even though unitized construction results in a much stiffer product, the non-woven nylon fibers of the block maintain the advantage of responding to surface irregularities while preserving the geometry of the piece, and produce a consistent finish.
Unitized blocks are created by stacking layers of open web material that combines non-woven fiber strands and abrasive mineral with a tough resin bond. These layers are then cured and compressed together with heat. By fusing layers of open web, the abrasive gains more toughness and durability, so it can withstand repeated wear.
Ultimately, the material's durability is what makes it such a good match for edges. The material is tough enough to perform high-pressure edgework without tearing or otherwise disintegrating. Regardless of the thickness of the block, it maintains its structural integrity to remain a stiff and long-lasting abrasive even under high pressure. Additionally, as the layers wear, the material can be dressed to refresh its shape.
Load-Resistant Construction Boosts Life and Performance
Standard Abrasives™ Unitized Blocks are load-resistant to keep you cutting with fresh mineral. The gaps in the open web allow unwanted swarf to escape. Consequently, less debris clogs the abrasive, so the mineral can stay fresh, keep cutting sharp and deliver a consistent cut over the life of the product. As the fibers break down and fresh mineral is exposed, it reduces the likelihood of dull or blunt mineral smearing the surface, contributing to cleaner surfaces and less re-work. Furthermore, manual fatigue that may result from applying heavy pressure to a dull abrasive is reduced.
The Many Benefits of Standard Abrasives™ Non-Woven Products
Standard Abrasives™ Unitized products offer many benefits for heavy-duty jobs. For all the aforementioned reasons, Standard Abrasives™ Unitized products invigorate deburring, cleaning, blending and finishing applications by helping operators reduce finishing steps, minimize costs and achieve greater throughput.