- Thin, black acrylic foam tape available in four thicknesses: 0.15 mm (0.006 in), 0.20 mm (0.008 in), 0.25 mm (0.010 in), 0.30 mm (0.012 in); specific product numbers are 5980-015, 5980-020, 5980-025, 5980-030
- Pressure sensitive adhesive on both sides
- Used for bonding a wide range of high and low surface energy materials in the electronics industry
- Delivers impact resistance to meet industry drop test requirements
- Creates a permanent seal against water, moisture and other contaminants
- High bond strength
- Good conformability
3M™ VHB™ Tape 5980 is a black, acrylic foam tape available in four thicknesses: 0.15 mm, 0.20 mm, 0.25 mm, 0.30 mm. This thin 3M™ VHB™ Tape is used for bonding a wide range of materials in the electronics industry. It is designed specifically for applications with thin bond lines. It boasts very good impact resistant to meet industry drop test requirements.
3M™ VHB™ Tape 5980 helps keep many of the electronics we know and love together
Thin Foam VHB™ Tape for Electronic Applications
For electronics industry applications featuring high and low surface energy materials, 3M™ VHB™ Tape 5980 is a powerful and effective bonding material. This thin, black, acrylic foam tape features very good impact resistance to meet the industry's drop test requirements. Many of the electronics we know and love are kept together with 3M™ VHB™ Tape. This thin tape is popular because of its high bond strength, good conformability and ease of use.
Dream, Design, Deliver
- LCD, lens and touchpanel bonding
- Logo attachment
Invented by 3M™ VHB™ Tapes offer remarkably high holding power in static and dynamic loads. Their proven strength, reliability, durability and quality has made them the worldwide fastener of choice for electronics applications. 3M™ VHB™ Tape routinely outperforms many other fastening and assembly methods. Never one to stay complacent, 3M is constantly developing new solutions to meet our customers' growing and changing needs.