- Spray, brush or roller application meets a variety of process requirements
- Corrosion inhibiting pigment provides protection inside the bondline
- Promotes long term durability to bonded joints
- Stable coating protects etched and anodized substrates for long term storage
- Provides a solvent resistant coating when cured at 250°F for durable protection
- Can be co-cured with adhesives at 250°F or 350°F to accommodate a variety of requirements
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Adhesive Primer EC-3917 is a heat curing structural adhesive primer for Scotch-Weld™ epoxy based film adhesives. EC-3917 primer contains a corrosion inhibitive pigment for added corrosion protection. When used as an aerospace primer, EC-3917 helps create an adhesive bond that resists attack by salt spray, high humidity and common aircraft fluids.
The Primer Advantage
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Adhesive Primer EC- 3917 helps protect surfaces against corrosion. Additionally, this primer can help improve production rates by offering high transfer efficiency for less overspray waste and quick flash off for no wait-time between passes. Let our unparalleled technical service and support show you how this primer can make a difference to your primer line. 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Adhesive Primer EC-3917 also offers these benefits:
Primed for Take-off
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Robust mechanical performance
- Impressive hot/wet durability
- Serves 250°F or 350°F co-cure requirements
- Sprayable, brush or roller application for a variety of process options
In general, 3M Scotch-Weld™ structural adhesive primers complement the Scotch Weld™ Structural Adhesives portfolio
and can be used to protect prepared substrates to be bonded. They facilitate "wet-out" of the primary adhesive agent to facilitate the bond between substrate and coating extrudate, then cured to enhance chemical resistance. Our adhesive primers help prepare the surfaces for the bonding agents and improve the conditions so that the adhesives are more effective and create stronger, longer lasting bonds.
Our Best for Your Best
3M is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Enabling efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how 3M executes its never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants, surface protection products and composite resins that effectively reduce costs on multiple fronts. Professionals across the industry know the numerous advantages of 3M Aerospace
. The brand is widely recognized for the highest standards of quality and performance, adding value to the final results. By engineering reliability, longevity and value into all of its products, 3M has a history of saving money by reducing waste, rework and time.