- 3M Precision Shaped Ceramic Grain (PSG) maintains super-sharp points that cut exceptionally fast with less pressure compared to conventional abrasives
- Disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes compared to conventional abrasives
- Grinding aid incorporated on the disc minimizes grinding temperatures for stainless steel and other heat-sensitive alloys
- Roloc™ quick attachment system provides for easy disc changes between grades or applications
- YF-weight backing supports medium to high pressure grinding applications
3M™ Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Disc 984F offers a superior solution for tackling metalworking applications where flexibility is required, such as weld grinding, beveling, flame-cut edge clean-up and deburring.
3M™ Roloc™ Discs provide a fast, efficient method for grinding, blending, leveling and finishing on all types of metal
To save time and increase throughput, our 3M™ Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Disc 984F combines the convenience of the 3M™ Roloc™ Quick-Change Attachment System with 3M proprietary Precision-Shaped Grain (PSG) technology, delivering outstanding cut rates and disc life. Because PSG contributes to an exceptionally high cut-rate with less pressure, operators can finish tough tasks faster and with less fatigue. A heat-activated grinding aid incorporated on the disc makes this an outstanding product for all types of metalit helps keep the disc cooler on stainless steel and heat-sensitive metals such as nickel alloys and titanium, thereby reducing metal discoloration/oxidation and the chance of heat-related stress cracks. Constructed on a YF weight, water resistant 2-ply polyester backing for added durability, our disc 984F features a grinding aid that helps keep the disc cooler on stainless steel and heat-sensitive metals such as nickel alloys and titanium.
To create PSG, our team of engineers started with 3M™ Ceramic Abrasive Grain and used proprietary technology to form the grains into triangular structures and electrostatically orient them on the backing to form sharp peaks that maximize cutting potential. These peaks slice cleanly through metal like a knife through butter, rather than gouging or plowing as traditional abrasives do, and continuously self-sharpen as the points break off. This generates a super-fast cut and lessens heat build-up due to friction, reducing heat-related stress cracks and discoloration. PSG also wears evenly, and because the abrasive itself stays cooler and sharper, Cubitron™ II products last significantly longer than their conventional ceramic counterparts, ensuring extended high performance in production applications.
3M™ Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Disc 984F is available for use with the following Roloc attachment system: TR. Please select discs with the attachment design made for your system.