- 0.020 inch (0.51 mm) double coated foam tape has air release feature
- Plate side adhesive technology is designed to resist edge lifting on flexographic print plates
- Light medium density foam is ideal for printing combinations of solids and process with halftone dots
- Pink foam color indicates the light medium density foam
- Securely bonds the flexographic photopolymer plate to the print sleeve or steel cylinder to prevent plate edge lifting during printing
- Higher plate side adhesion for challenging print conditions that use thick plates or small print sleeves
- Print plates mounted on E1920H will have no air bubbles under the plate due to the air release feature designed into the tape
- Grooves in the adhesive are created by a cross-hatch pattern from the release liner
- Plate demounts from the double coated cushioned tape without adhesive residue
- Tape also removes cleanly from the sleeve or steel print cylinder
- Cushioned flexographic plate mounting sticky back foam tape for flexographic printing
Our 3M™ Cushion-Mount™ Plus Plate Mounting Tape E1920H with easy mount adhesive is designed for mounting flexographic print plates to cylinders or sleeves. This pink foam mounting tape provides high quality light medium combination print.
Pink foam color indicates light medium density
Bubble Free Flexographic Plate Mounting
3M™ Cushion-Mount™ Plus Plate Mounting Tape E1920H is a pink foam tape that provides high quality combination print. This is the light medium tape for combination print with the air release feature that allows for bubble-free mounting. This tape has excellent resistance to lifting on press allowing for clean plate removal.
- Mounting photopolymer plates to flexographic printing cylinders and sleeves
- Used in combination, process and solid printing processes
- 3M sticky back tapes are designed for wide-web presses to print film or paper for the flexible packaging industry
Used in flexographic plate mounting
3M flexographic plate mounting tapes
(PDF, 582.06 Kb) are highly engineered to provide very tight caliper tolerance to allow printers to use tape from different manufacturing lots and keep tight print registration. The compressible foam will withstand long and high speed print runs.
This cushion tape is manufactured for 20 mil applications. It is constructed with engineered acrylic adhesives. The adhesive on the linered (plate) side of the tape is designed for mounting of photopolymer plates. The adhesive on the non-linered (sleeve/cylinder) side is designed for mounting to flexographic printing cylinders or sleeves, providing easy application at mounting and clean removal when demounting.
On Easy with Reduced Air Entrapment
3M air release liners have a crosshatched pattern, unlike other mounting tapes that use a pebbled or flat release liner. The embossed crosshatched pattern imprints unique micro-channels into the easy mount adhesive that allows entrapped air to escape. Air bubbles disappear from between the tape and plate, and between the tape and sleeve or cylinder for virtually bubble-free mounting. Setup is faster with smoother surfaces for cleaner print quality and higher productivity. The adhesive maintains tight contact with reduced edge lifting.
Keep the Presses Running and your Customers Coming Back
For decades, 3M products have been at work in printing plants helping to improve the quality of the work that goes out and the efficiency of how it gets done.