- Material can be cut to size for customized lengths and weights
- Lead-free composite material is more environmentally friendly than lead weights
- One product replaces dozens of clip-on weights to simplify inventory needs
- Corrosion-free product enables maintenance of expensive wheels and enhances overall vehicle appearance
- Elimination of clip-on weights improves wheel appearance by hiding wheel weights
- Uses industry-proven 3M™ Attachment Tape technology for dependable attachment
- Precision cut-to-length weights improve wheel balance and vehicle ride quality
3M™ Wheel Weight PN61405 is a 23 mm thick, high profile, lead-free, flexible, conformable weight used to balance tires. Cut to exact length for better balance and ride, one product replaces dozens of clip on weights. Corrosion and stain free, it uses 3M™ Attachment Tape for superior performance.
A more environmentally friendly alternative to lead wheel weights
Unleaded: 3M Does its Part
Our wheel weights are made from a non-lead composite material. According to the EPA, approximately 1.6 million pounds of lead wheel weights are lost in the United States when they fall off during normal driving conditions. These weights can enter the environment in a variety of ways, including being washed into storm sewers or gathered during street cleaning and disposed of in landfills. A growing number of jurisdictions are introducing and passing legislation that bans the use of lead wheel weights. This lead-free, composite material provides a more environmentally friendly alternative without sacrificing performance. In addition to environmental benefits, 3M Wheel Weights also resist the corrosion that is common with lead weights, which enhances overall tire appearance.