- Brackets are supplied pre-taped and ready to use to help improve process efficiency
- Applied as a pressure sensitive tape and then heat cured to ensure a secure bond
- Tape and hardware system can help to reduce scrap, in-plant labor and inventory costs
- Compatible with manual and automated manufacturing processes or available autoclave processes
- Pressure sensitive adhesive feature ensures immediate fixturing of components upon application to glass
- Tape color changes from black to matte gray after curing
Rain Sensor Mirror Button Combo Brackets with 3M™ Structural Bonding Tape provides a permanent solution for attaching rain sensors and mirror buttons to the interior side of automotive glass. Our product combines reliable long term performance with convenience to enhance productivity.
Pressure sensitive adhesive ensures attachment of components immediately upon application
Secure Attachment of Brackets to Glass
Designed to improve automotive plant productivity, Rain Sensor Mirror Button Combo Brackets with 3M™ Structural Bonding Tape helps improve process efficiency by supplying pre-taped components ready for application to windshields and other automotive glass. Pressure sensitive adhesive on the 3M structural bonding tape ensures attachment of components immediately upon application to glass. The tape is heat cured to complete the process of bonding. This system is compatible with manual and automated manufacturing processes or commercially available autoclave processes.
Background About 3M™ Structural Bonding Tape
Our 3M™ Structural Bonding Tape forms an exceptionally reliable bond with glass, which can help minimize consumer-related warranty issues. 3M™ Structural Bonding Tape 9263 is a 0.63 mm thick tape, formulated for bonding rear view mirror buttons and other hardware to automotive glass. It is applied as a pressure sensitive tape and then heat cured to develop structural strength. The tape color changes from black to matte gray after curing.
Reduce Waste and Costs
Our self-contained tape and hardware system can help to reduce scrap, in-plant labor expenses and inventory costs. This feature can help save money in several areas: 1) waste disposal costs, 2) employee time in assembling units, and 3) inventory costs in stocking separate bracket and tape supplies.
See more about 3M Automotive Products
(PDF, 6.39 Mb)