- Help improve process efficiency with pre-taped brackets that are ready to use
- High initial adhesion ensures reliable application of brackets to glass
- Unique handling properties enable minimal edge-welding, which improves the die-cutting process
- Ability to die-cut into complex shapes
- Black color of tape is inconspicuous after installation
- Compatible with manual and automated manufacturing processes
- Pressure sensitive adhesive feature ensures fixturing of components immediately upon application to glass
Rain Sensor Brackets with 3M™ Die-Cuttable Tape DC2008 are a permanent solution for attaching sensors and cameras to automotive glass. These brackets, with DC2008, have high initial adhesion to glass and chrome.
Advantages of Using Tape for Brackets
- Bonding Brackets
- Bonding Mirror Buttons
3M™ Die-Cuttable Tape Series DC2000, of which DC2008 is a part, represents the latest in attachment tape technology. 3M Series DC2000 tape provides high initial adhesion, promotes successful application of complexly shaped brackets and features minimal edge-weld. The advantages for automotive manufacturers are the potential for fewer warranty claims, reduced in-plant rework and an overall enhanced brand image among car buyers.
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
Since 1925 when a 3M lab assistant invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life – developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations – and all of it goes into each 3M product developed for automotive OEM, like Rain Sensor Brackets with 3M™ Die-Cuttable Tape DC2008.
See more about 3M Automotive Products
(PDF, 6.39 Mb)