- Exhibits high shear and peel strength with cohesive failure modes
- Dependable performance under extreme operating conditions
- Durability to heat, humidity, salt water and solvent
- E-coat compatible
- Excellent for dissimilar material bonding
- Cures to structural strength to assist in load carrying applications
- Potential replacement of robotic-applied paste adhesive application systems
- May be combined with spot welds or rivets to improve strength and stiffness
3M™ Structural Adhesive Film SAF6068 is for structural bonding or stiffening of metal to metal joints in body-in-white applications. This adhesive film exhibits high shear and peel strength and is suitable for bonding to oily surfaces. It can be used directly from rolls (like a tape) or die-cut into shapes.
SAF6068 is used for structural bonding or stiffening of metal-to metal joints in Body-in-White applications
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M™
- Hinge-washer bonding
- Hinge and pillar reinforcement brackets
- Roof bow brackets
- Stiffening pads for hoods
Since 1925 when a 3M lab assistant invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life — developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations - and all of it goes into each 3M product developed for automotive OEM, like 3M™ Structural Adhesive Film SAF6068.